Friday, December 4, 2009

I am Busy--How true is the statement

Hi All,

This is one more issue which drives me to think beyond what is said. Many times, this would have happened with you also that you call up a friend/ relative and he is not able to talk to you properly because he is busy.

This is fine as you can be busy at that particular moment. But what I am not able to comprehend is that the person is not able to call you back or meet you for a week/ month etc etc.

I hear someone saying that I didn't called you back because I am busy for last 15 days. I wonder how busy can you be in 24 hrs x 15 days that you didn't get time to give a 5 minute cal back to a person who supposedly holds a very special place in your life.

Let me clarify further. During my 8 years of work and 6 years of professional studies ( DCE and IIMB), I was busy for 8 months when I was with Studyplaces.com. I used to live in Dwarka and office was in Gurgaon. Because of pressure on start up and my position and sense of accountability, I needed to work 9 AM to 8 PM everyday including some Sundays.

Now, many of others do have these office timing as normal so what so special. The special thigj was 50% of those days, I never had Lunch and rest 50% , I ate with left hand and right hand typing.

So from 9 AM to 8 PM, if there are 11 hours, I was involved in hands on work for at elast 10.45 hrs. I never loggod on to any messenger, the stock market crashed from 21000 to 8000 but I was not able to open my demat account as it might have taken 15 minutes. I guess this is enough to prove my point.

Now, when I talk to few of these people who claim that they are busy for last 15 days, they were having one hour Lunch break as usual, though there is lot of fire fighting in office but you were leaving at 6 everyday, you went for Movie with your spouse last weekend and did tons of shopping but still were very busy.

I am just not able to understand the criteria of someone to be busy !!

Please help me


1 comment:

Alok said...

very true, even i have personally faced thus many time