Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Life of an IIT student?

 

Life of an IIT student?


I'm Surbhi, and here's how life is for me at IIT Hyderabad.

I had always wanted to attend an IIT, and when I succeeded in JEE Advanced 2022, my dream came true. I decided to enroll in IIT Hyderabad with an AIR of 566. Despite being a Delhi native, I have never resided in the south of the nation. 

Although living in Hyderabad appears thrilling, I had reservations about finding friends, adjusting to university life, and pursuing a higher degree. I could enroll in other universities that were located in my city and had a recognizable culture, so I was unsure if I had made the proper decision. But I am happy I enrolled at IIT Hyderabad since it has given me access to a completely new universe.

At IIT Hyderabad, I'm currently pursuing a degree in computer science engineering. I chose this program because I believed it would present me with the most prospects. However, since this is my first experience living far from home, the first few days of college seemed gloomy.

In CSE, there are just 12 girls, and just one of them speaks Hindi. All of my colleagues, including my roommates, are from places where Hindi is not spoken. My roommate and I first struggled to get along with one another. It was difficult to adjust to hostel living in addition to the communication barriers. But with time, we have become friends and have opened up to one another. She now even has a basic understanding of Hindi, and I'm trying to learn Telugu.

IIT Hyderabad has 15 dorms, among which 10 are for boys, 4 are for ladies, and 1 is coed. We have 4 stories for guys and 2 floors for girls in the coed Ramanujan hostel where I reside. But because our hostel is still being built and we'll move there when it is finished, this is only a temporary arrangement. The majority of hostels offer single occupancy rooms, whereas Ramanujan only offers double occupancy. But in the end, it turned out for the best because I ultimately made friends for the time being. For doing laundry, we have a washing machine. Students can always visit the washerman near the canteen to go and get their clothes washed if they don't want to use the washing machine.


I've always loved dancing, and I have a YouTube account for it. I performed a solo dance piece and a dance duet with my buddy Pooja at the fresher’s party. Seniors organized a great fresher's celebration. They also held a talent contest and the Mr. and Ms. Freshers pageant. I took part in both.  I made it to the second-to-last round of Miss Fresher’s. We had to introduce ourselves during the initial phase of the contest, and then we had to showcase our talents during the second. I moved my body to Bollywood music. I was unable to go to the third level. I had a dress that I had been saving for my freshmen party for a very long time, and I was very excited to wear it.

It was a great opportunity to get to know IIT Hyderabad students because the freshmen party was planned for both bachelor's and master's students at the same time. The seniors not only arranged games but also a meal for us.

I was anxious on my first day at college. I was so afraid that something would happen, but fortunately, nothing happened. Along with an orientation and presentation to the clubs, the seniors introduced themselves. Pronites, Techy, Creatives, Publicity, Shuffle Crew (for dancing), Aero (for aeronautical engineering), Robotics, Rang De Manch (for theatre and acting), and other organizations are among the clubs available at the campus.

I received my ID card, which was the nicest part of my first day at college. After arduous hard work and dedication, a dream had finally come true, and it was an intense and proud occasion.

Our campus is up to date, and the academic building's architecture is stunning. The government is creating several new structures, including the library, a facility for computer science and research innovation, a sports complex, female and male hostels, and a park for advanced technological research. If we get tired of studying, we may eat and unwind outside because the cafeterias are open till late.

There is a lot to learn from the college's educated instructors. Although they are amiable, they also uphold decency and regulation. I contrast to school, where we would receive homework and assignments, there isn't any hand-holding in college. I believe that assignments that require us to come up with our solutions encourage creative thinking. Seniors are hospitable, friendly, and warm. They support us at all times.

I've only been home once since moving here, and my brother and parents showered me with love. To bring food back to the hostel, my mum prepared delicious dishes and packed tons of laddoos and pickles. My companions binge-watched it once I got back to the hostel. I genuinely believed that what people say about hostels is accurate. It is one of the best times in a person's life since everyone shares food, happiness, and grief equally. I'm very happy I choose to come here. It allowed me to experience different cultures, environments, people, and foods, and most importantly, it allowed me to learn and grow as a person every day.

Have a look on the following

अगर JEE MAINS मैं 92 per%ile से कम आएं तो क्या करें! What to do if score is lower than 92 per%ile . - YouTube

JEE mains 2021 form filling. What things to Note?JEE mains का फॉर्म भरते हुए इन बातों का ध्यान रखें - YouTube


No comments: